Anyone who has ever tried to sell their home has heard the phrase, ‘curb appeal matters’, I’m sure. Curb appeal can be compared to having special guests over to your home for dinner and you want everything to look welcoming and clean. When selling a home, first impressions are so important. Your home will make an impact to the house shoppers when they pull up to your house, even before they step out of the car. A home with a strong curb appeal can attract buyers to believe that if the outside of the home looks well maintained, the interior will also be impressive. Homeowners who want the process of selling their home to go smoothly can improve the property’s curb appeal in a number of ways, many of which don’t need to cost a lot!
Here are 5 simple ideas:
- Clean up! Get rid of clutter and kids’ toys. Weed the gardens and in between the sidewalks or interlock. Re-mulch the gardens.
- Trim the overgrown trees and shrubs to tidy things up.
- Clean out the gutters. Be sure the leaves and plants growing in the gutters are removed.
- Be sure that your front door is easily and obviously accessible. Repaint the front door if it needs it.
- Be sure to place some pops of colour around the front door using flowers or plants in season and place them in interesting containers. Remove any dead plants in the garden or in containers around the house.
If you need help deciding on what to do at your home in preparation to sell, or if you just want to clean things up with no intention of moving, give me a call. It’s my passion….to make your home look beautiful using plants and flowers!